The town’s grand list of taxable property for 2016 shows an increase of $11,611,362, or 1.12 percent, over the 2015 grand list.
A summary of the new grand list of $1,044,837,002 was received by the Board of Selectmen on Tuesday. The 2015 grand list was $1,033,225,640.
Under the new grand list compiled by Tax Assessor Kathy Brown, real estate values are $932,613,410, an increase of $3,509,050 over 2015 values of $929,104,360. Motor vehicle values are $74,477,340, an increase of $2,233,540 over 2015 values of $72,243,800, and personal property values are $37,746,252, an increase of $5,868,772 over 2015 values of $31,877,480.
The grand list is subject to change pending appeals heard by the Board of Assessment Appeals.
Top 10 assessments in Litchfield are:
- Connecticut Light and Power, $15,137,530
- Brandywine at Litchfield, $6,279,650
- City of Waterbury, $5,818,050
- CA Litchfield Land LLC, $3,793,480
- White Memorial Foundation, $3,523,640
- Aquarion Water Co., $3,459,710
- Union Savings Bank, $2,608,260
- Arethusa Farm LLC, $2,567,550
- Litchfield Developers LLC, $2,176,850
- Raymond F. Daddario, $1,832,220
Back to News